What CATCH Kids is About
WHAT IS “CATCH Kids”?
CATCH Kids is a local nonprofit organization with a 501(c)(3) status. We are a member of the CREATE Foundation and the CDF (Community Development Foundation), as well as a Community Partner in the United Way of NE Mississippi.
The mission of CATCH Kids is to make comprehensive, high-quality medical and dental care accessible and available to disadvantaged children, from birth through 18 years, by removing barriers to care. We focus on prevention and wellness, as well as the treatment of acute and chronic illnesses.
- Remove barriers to care for children.
- Establish a “medical home” for each child we see.
- Establish a “dental home” for each child we see.
- Pay for any prescriptions written in our clinics.
- Refer children with severe dental problems or emergencies to one of our participating local dentists. Pay for emergency dental treatment and some restorative dental treatment.
- Provide health information and guidance on many subjects, including, but not limited to oral health, heart health, fitness, nutrition, and obesity.
- Provide preventive oral healthcare products to each child seen in one of our clinics and to students where we have school oral health education programs.
Executive Director: Carol Black, RDH
Program Assistant/ Clinician: Valerie Long, FNP
Administrative Assistant: Kathryn Cobb
Board of Directors:
Sarah Barowka, MD
Amy Fagan, RN, PhD
Julie L. Henry
M. Ed Ivancic, MD – Board President
Liz Dawson, MSHA, FACHE
Vernon Rayford, MD
Mike Tapscott, Esq.
Chrystal Tate, MD
Lee, Pontotoc, and Chickasaw
Number of Children Served:
In the year 2019, we served over 450 children in our clinics, including 9 children who we referred to participating dentists for emergency and/or restorative treatment.
During school year 2019-2020, CATCH Kids provided oral health education to over 1,200 students.